Job Opportunity- Marketing Communications Manager
Morris Marketing Group
Marketing Communications Manager – MarCom Manager
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for managing client relationships, broad and general practice of marketing and public relations including: marketing strategy and planning, overseeing and facilitating all marketing strategy and tactics to include traditional and digital advertising, public relations, social media, grassroots marketing, and community relations. The Marketing Communications Manager will have an entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic ensuring results are obtained and reported.
The Marketing Communications Manager will be a team player and a creative thinker with a penchant for using correct grammar and a keen eye for details. A skilled writer, the Marketing Communications Manager should also have interests and work experience in graphic design, media relations, traditional and social media, community relations, sales strategy, and business operations.
The Marketing Communications Manager will be just as comfortable implementing and executing tactics and doing whatever it takes to get the job done and produce results as they will be creating and directing global strategy.
- Develop a marketing plan including strategy, goals, budget and executing and implementing tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Daily facilitation of marketing efforts across various tools and platforms to include but not limited to any and all desktop and mobile social media platforms, varying web site content management systems, varying marketing email programs, public relations database, and distribution software.
- Coordinate and facilitate all public relations activities
- Implement social media plan and tactics to engage audiences across traditional and new media including paid strategies and staying abreast of best practices
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for social media, press releases, byline articles, keynote presentations, and internal business memos
- Monitor, analyze and communicate marketing and PR results on a regular basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Proven working experience of 5 years in general/broad overview marketing and public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills – News and creative content
- Event planning experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, MS Excel, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of, and interest in, Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite– Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom
- Proficiency and interest in all social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Periscope…
- WordPress and other CMS knowledge
- Interest in visual arts, photography, and videography
- Excellent Proofreader
- Working knowledge of Associated Press Style
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Professional appearance and attitude
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Ability to work nights and weekends as workload requires
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be able to lift 25 pounds stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
Candidates should email firstname.lastname@example.org
About Morris Marketing Group
Morris Marketing Group principles Valerie Morris and Patrick Collins pride themselves on providing senior level, high touch and intuitive marketing communications support to every client whether they are a small business, government agency, or large corporation.
Morris Marketing Group provides communications, marketing, public relations, special event, strategic planning, and social media services to a diverse client list throughout the Southeast region.
Morris Marketing Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
For more information visit: www.mmgmemphis.com
Share on Social Media