Leadership Memphis Announces 2019 Board Members
MEMPHIS, Tenn., July 9, 2018 – Leadership Memphis, whose mission is to prepare and mobilize leaders to work for the good of the whole community, is proud to announce the Executive Board, New Board Members, and Committee Chairpersons for its 2019 fiscal year. The diverse group, comprised of leaders from across the Memphis business spectrum, have pledged to ensure Leadership Memphis’ 40th Anniversary year is not only a celebration of the group’s success, but also a launching platform for the next 40 years.
Since 1979, Leadership Memphis has continually developed new ways to connect and create more effective community leaders. Leadership Memphis develops community change agents, connects them with others who have a passion to serve, and empowers them with information and opportunities to make a difference.
“I am very excited about our 2019 Board,” said David Williams, Leadership Memphis President/CEO. “These are some of the best and brightest leaders in Memphis and I could not think of a more talented group to lead us into the next 40 years.”
2019 Leadership Memphis Executive Board Members are:
- Chair – Terry Lynch, President, The Southland Capital Corporation
- Immediate Past Chair – Percie Strong-Jenkins, SVP, Privacy Adherence Initiatives and Programs, Bank of America
- Vice-Chair – Reginald Porter Jr., Senior Vice President/CEO Operations, ALSAC/ St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Treasurer – Rick Wagers, Senior Executive Vice President and CFO, Regional One Health
- Secretary – Linda Lauer, Managing Director, CBIZ
2019 New Board Members are:
- Dan Barron, Vice President, Entercom
- Shunji Brown Woods, Director of Professional Affairs, Smith & Nephew
- Rene Bustamante, Staff Vice President, FedEx
- Jim Crone, Performance Solutions Group Direct Sales, Trane U.S. Inc.
- Mike Jung, President, The Commercial Appeal
- Mark McMath, CIO, Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare
- Sylvester Tate, Owner, Tate Computer Systems
- Laurie Whitney, Integrated Products Sr. Project Manager, Sedgwick
- Rodney Young, Senior IP Director, Medtronic
- Reggie Crenshaw, Principal, Crenshaw Associates (Member At-Large)
- Brian Stephens, CEO, Caissa Public Strategies (Member At-Large)
2019 Chairpersons are:
- Graduate Memphis Chair – Sridhar Sunkara, Owner, eBiz Solutions
- Volunteer Memphis Chair – Shiela Vinczeller, Vice President -Talent Management, International Paper
- Alumni Chair – Kami Wigginton, Regional Business Director, Staywell Health
- Program Chair – Karren Todd
About Leadership Memphis:
Leadership Memphis is a non-profit, community leadership development organization. Its mission is to prepare and mobilize leaders to work together for the good of the whole community. Founded in 1979 as The Memphis Institute of Public Responsibility, the organization has trained and graduated more than 4,000 leaders from its signature programs: Executive, FastTrack, Criminal/Juvenile Justice, and Grassroots. Its Action Initiatives are Volunteer Memphis and Graduate Memphis. These initiatives are undertaken to help enhance our city economically and socially by increasing the number of adults who have college degrees and to increase volunteerism throughout the Mid-South.
# # #
Share on Social Media