Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager is responsible for garnering MMG clients earned media at the local, regional, and national level; providing media interaction training; creating, pitching, and nurturing interesting news angles across a variety of clients and business segments; providing other communications strategies to work in tandem with client PR strategies and tactics; and reporting results on a monthly basis. The Public Relations Manager will have an entrepreneurial spirit and work ethic ensuring results are obtained and reported.
The Public Relations Manager will be a team player and a creative thinker with a penchant for using correct grammar and a keen eye for details. A skilled writer, the Public Relations Manager should also have interests and work experience in media relations, traditional and social media, community relations, sales strategy, and business operations.
The Public Relations Manager will be just as comfortable implementing and executing tactics and doing whatever it takes to get the job done and produce results as they will be creating and directing global strategy. The Public Relations Manager will be creating PR strategy and executing PR tactics for all MMG clients.
- Develop PR plans including strategy, goals, budget and executing and implementing tactics
- Develop media relations strategies, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Daily facilitation of PR efforts across various tools and platforms to include but not limited to any and all desktop and mobile social media platforms, varying website content management systems, varying marketing email programs, public relations database, and distribution software.
- Coordinate and facilitate all public relations activities
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for social media, press releases, byline articles, keynote presentations, and internal business memos
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results and opportunities on a regular basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships on an on-going basis.
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Proven working experience of 2-4 years in corporate or agency public relations required
- Proven track record designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at a local, regional, and national level
- Strong relationships with both local and national business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Expert knowledge of Associated Press Style
- Exceptional writing and editing skills – News and creative content
- Event planning experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, MS Excel, and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of and interest in Adobe Creative Cloud/Suite– Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Lightroom
- Proficiency and interest in all social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Periscope…
- WordPress and other CMS knowledge
- Interest in visual arts, photography, and videography
- Excellent Proofreader
- Friendly and positive attitude
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Member of PRSA
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Ability to work nights and weekends as workload requires
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be able to lift 25 pounds stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run.
To apply for this position send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Leah@mmgmemphis.com